Our team of children`s physiotherapists have specialist skills and experience in the treatment of babies, children, adolescents and the transition years into adult life.
If you have concerns about your child attaining developmental milestones such as sitting, crawling, walking etc, we are able to offer an assessment and second opinion as to whether physiotherapy could help.
We encourage parents and carer`s to be involved in therapy and in the process of setting realistic goals.
We are able to offer treatment at home or in the school environment.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebral Palsy
- Downs Syndrome
- Walking difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Clumsy child syndrome
- Post Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy
- Other conditions, please contact us
Following a thorough assessment of your child your therapist will devise a treatment programme specifically for their needs. This may include:
- Hands on treatment techniques
- Wheelchair and seating assessment and advice
- Strengthening and stretching programmes
- Splinting and orthotic advice
- Balance and walking re-education
- Spasticity management
- Liaising with other professionals involved in your childs' care