What is Foot Drop?
This is a general term used to describe difficulty lifting the foot up from the ankle, which results in foot drop symptoms such as catching the toes and tripping.
Consequently, there is a need to lift the leg higher from the hip during walking which can make walking effortful and unsteady.
Foot Drop Treatments
- Mobilising stiff joints in the feet
- Balance work
- Strength and stretching programmes
- Walking Re-education
- Advice on ankle/foot supports
- Advice on your suitability for a foot drop simulator
- Electrical stimulation to help improve strength/range of movement
Benefits Of Physiotherapy May Include
- Improved balance leading to reduced trips/falls
- Reduced effort of walking
- Improved confidence of walking
- Reduced need for stick or other walking aid
Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Across The Midlands
NT Rehab offers specialist physiotherapy services throughout the Midlands: